Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stand-up desks

My piriformis muscle has been, well, a pain in my butt for a while. I stopped running (thinking it was a gait problem) and substituted it with spinning/interval strength training, but my piriformis pain is still lingering. I finally made an appointment with a physiotherapist (after several doctors, massage therapists, acupuncturists, and chiropractors) and I am thinking about making the switch to a stand-up desk:


Hacked IKEA furniture? Amazing! The great thing about this desk is that you can pull up a bar stool if you get too tired. 

I'll see what the physiotherapist says, but working from home/being a grad student has not been kind to my right hip flexors, and I'm willing to try just about anything - even if it means pulling out my old IKEA tools and visiting the hardware store for some nuts and bolts ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment