Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ice, heat, and bridal showers

Ice-heat-stretch-repeat - my new "diet", as recommended by the physiotherapist. Apparently I am not a hypochondriac, but I DO have an inflamed sacroiliac joint, which has caused all kinds of tightness in the right side of my body (including the piriformis muscle!) and nerve issues for the past six months. Needless to say, I have been taking it easy on the exercise this week (no spinning or weight lifting) and working on getting this inflammation gone for good! Deadlifts and any kind of flexion exercises are banned for the immediate future, but it's nice to know that I can continue working out. The best part? I wasn't prescribed any pills. Just ice, heat, stretches...and paying attention to my horrible posture. I should have listened to my mother all of those years when she told me to stand up straight!

And in other news: I am putting it out to the universe that after I finish my literature review for my thesis (which will mean I have finished 3/5 of my thesis), I am hightailing it to the Amazon online store and buying myself a Kindle! And by "buying", I mean using a gift certificate. But a Kindle should be on its way shortly :)

iPhone pictures (that I took of pictures on my Canon - no time to upload these days!) from my dear friend Courtney's surprise bridal shower on Saturday - she is getting married this July to the man of her dreams in Ireland, and I am so happy for her!











No comments:

Post a Comment