Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Belle Brigade and musings on telecommuting


I am a telecommuter. Yes, it's true: I am the cliched 24 year old telecommuter. If you had told me in high school that I would be a telecommuter (slash full-time grad student) six years out (after one year of real, live, god-awful commuting), I would have laughed at such an outlandish idea. Such is the connected world we live in.

But I digress. Because I spend eight hours a day in front of my computer without the companionship of my coworkers, KCRW is one of my favourite things to listen to, especially when they have performers come into the studio. *Sidenote: my favourite in-office thing to listen to was (and IS, when I visit once a month) Gaetane. She is the bomb dot com. **Sidenote to my sidenote: I can say things like the bomb dot com because I just talked about being in high school. Thus: allowed.

And to finally get to the point of this post, I fell in love with the Belle Brigade this week. The brother-sister/sister-brother (pick your order) duo are so charming and cute and their voices will melt the ice off of your heart. Because of their sibling-ness, their voices dance around each other like only siblings' voices can. Fact.

So talented. So funny. And this KCRW set will definitely be on repeat for the next little while.

More links:

No comments:

Post a Comment