Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Two storms converging

I have so much to do. I'm not stressing. It will get done. I make lists, after all. Can I put "crazy multi-tasker with too many occupations" on a resume?

I like to bite off more than I can chew. It's what I do. It's how I function.

I won a tiny battle today. My logo was chosen to brand a new service. Three months of trepidation, and they chose it. Thank goodness.

As an aside: through the wonders of my RSS feed and clicking on links from blog to blog, I've stumbled upon one or two wedding blogs (namely http://www.oncewed.com/). Before I begin, I must preface that I AM NOT GETTING MARRIED. No no no. Twenty-three years old, people! After talking to a co-worker about his pending nuptials, we have concluded that so much time and attention to detail is put into one day that flies by before the beginning of "real life" with "real bills" and "real rent" et al. I love so many things about the weddings that are featured on Once Wed: the photos, the people who are soooo in love, the smiles, the quirky decor. And quite frankly, why can't EVERY day be like a wedding day? Let's put flowers on tables in beautiful old vases and tie them with raw string! Let's kiss our lovers like each and every day is the beginning! Let's have giant parties with cake and love and too much dancing and bare feet! Throw in some tea bags with hearts at the end, and stop-motion videos. Am I alone here?

Some images from Once Wed:







Maybe I'm only in love with the photography. But one day, when I own a house, I plan to make it look like a non-stop wedding.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh can I help you decorate? You're dangerously close to that milestone anyway. Well, maybe not the owning a house part, but hey, I'm not the one moving in with her boyfriend...

    ReplyDelete