Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Yoga and cute hearts

Yoga is superb for quieting the inner voice. There is something about pushing yourself for that extra three seconds. It makes the mind stronger. When school is done and I only work 60 hours a week, I'll do it everyday.

Tonight the yoga teacher talked about "the edge" that we all have (both in our minds and our body). She said that once we get past the uncomfortable physical feelings and the negative thoughts, we can really see what we're capable of. Would it be crazy if I studied to become a yoga teacher? Probably. Anyways -- it's true. When I first started doing yoga on a regular basis, it took me about twenty minutes to get past the voices in my head, complaining and griping about the pain. I used to laugh when yoga teachers would tell me to "enjoy the stretch". Now, it only takes a few flows to relish the stretch. I know, right? C'est wack!

Also: love this.

Flip Book from katie sokoler on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment