Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

How to control your inner dialogue

I have the worst inner dialogue - even under the consideration that it isn't as bad as it used to be.

This has nothing to do with what I usually post up here (cars, videos, my blog heros, etc.), but I might start asking myself these questions and keeping a log to figure things out when my mind begins to race.

1. How can I get control of this situation?
2. How can I feel better about this?
3. How can I get my point across more clearly?
4. What could I do, right now, to calm myself down?
5. Who could help me with this?
6. If I could leave this situation right now and go anywhere in the world, where would I go?
7. Am I viewing this situation from the perspective of truth? Or am I allowing the way the situation appears to control me?

I like the focus on "I" because usually, in internal dialogues, it becomes a defensive conversation (you, you, you!).

I'm learning, but I have a long way to go.

Depending on the situation, I can find good things to say about myself, and my self-worth is actually pretty good. But when it comes to my stance in my relationships with other people, I tend to have a mediocre perception of my self-worth. Considering life is about the formation and sustainability of relationships, this is something I am trying to nail.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment