Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Simulation versus reality


www.soundsleeping.com --> I have gone here everyday this week. I like to combine creek, bonfire, rain, and thunder.

Today, I didn't have to create thunder or rain (or the creek, for that matter -- flooding!). Bonfire, yes, but the power was out so the bonfire was inconsistent.

It was intense. First it got extremely dark. We're talking 10:00 pm darkness but at 7:00 pm. Then the rain started whipping the windows, with a few power outages for good measure. Lightning, lightning, crash, thunder, rain, whipping rain. Et al. Sky acquired a greenish tint. I opened my computer. Oh, look at that -- the Weather Channel appeared to have issued a tornado warning! And a tornado watch! So I grabbed my new laptop and some toiletries and several iPods, and stashed them in the basement with my purse. I realized I was hungry, so I stuck my phone in my back pocket, put my Nikon around my neck, and made some microwavable pasta while running back and forth between the back of my house (sun shining) and front of my house (angry green sky).

Eventually it passed, and I think I am going to avoid the relaxing sound of simulated thunder for the next few days.

***Tornadoes did hit, but not in my suburb of Toronto. Article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment