Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Growing up

It's true what they say -- former doormats can become quite domineering in life.
I won't go so far as to use the word "bitch", but I'm standing up for myself and catering to my own happiness. I have figured out the path I'm going to take, and god help anyone who stands in my way.
And I am doing more of "compromising" (as opposed to giving in). It's refreshing. I stand up for myself now. I get pissed at people now, instead of blaming myself. But I've also learned to step back when I'm frustrated, look at it from all angles. Communicate better (for the most part) without putting people on the defensive. Because yes, sometimes I am the one to blame -- but not in every situation.

I think this is what it means to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment