Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Crossroads



If pessimism wins, I can still be a winner by moving to a place like this where nobody knows me, post-B.Ed.

I will acquire a petit chien and stock my cupboards full of worldly tea, and write about the places that I travel, and watch the lightning dance across the water late at night, with the knowledge that I am all the more capable.

I'll stand as a hero (of sorts) to the dejected and insecure. They will chant, "If she can do it, so can we!" Living in our little cottages, away from the loneliness of urban crowds, we will paddle out when we need to cry and flip the boat when we need a healthy bout of laughter.

And when we least expect it, we will find everything that we had stopped ourselves from looking for. A little more carefree, a little less attached, with our past selves as the example from which to learn and grow and live.

No comments:

Post a Comment