Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

This is what I'm talking about

Taken straight from Fuzz (thank you!):

"I like the process - from a brand-new unwashed pair of jeans until they're ready for burial. I really do wear them hard. I start off by doing a lot of squats to get the wrinkles in nicely. But the number one trick is wearing your jeans every single day and letting your sweat and oils start to morph the demin, so it becomes a very personal shape."

Carl Chiara, Design Director for Levi's Capital E & Red Collection.

My take on jeans:
I finally wore in a pair of black skinnies. I got through the first several days of discomfort/wondering if I could survive if I only drank water (I didn't), and now they fit perfect. And you had better bet that I won't be washing them anytime soon, as gross as that sounds to the hypochondriacs and neat freaks. My mom berates me for buying so many jeans, but there is a process to finding the perfect pair. Each pair is different -- I was very very very obsessed with a pair from AE a few years ago, and bought three pairs (one very for each pair), and each one fit differently. Each pair of jeans settles differently -- it is after they settle that you truly discover if you love a pair of pants or not. I live in jeans. I wear them everyday (even to work, hence the black skinnies). I wear them when I go out. I would wear them to bed if Lulu Lemon made jeans. Some jeans fit better than others; some jeans age better than others.

Just talking about it makes me want to go and try jeans on. It's a frustrating process -- jeans are hard to find, and even more difficult to settle into.

Pictures of my closet to follow.

3 comments:

  1. i do wear them to bed...not always my bed..but i do :)
    you should try it some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where are you??? you are being missed (and terribly, too.) Send a sign of your cyber-love if you can- you can't even imagine the the things I have to update you on!!

    Hope you're having fun and that you're spending the holidays being temporarily unemployed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. here's to being here (in Canada, that is.)

    ReplyDelete